Monday, June 14, 2010

3.30 Things Austin, 1 {Rot Rally}

photo: 365 things austin blog

Date: 06.11.10
Activity: Republic of Texas Biker Rally, aka "Rot Rally"
Place: 6th Street, Austin, TX
Costs: FREE to roam the streets, Parking $10

This is one Austin event that I typically stay away from probably because in the past I have not felt equipped with enough man power in my group to go.  Don't get me wrong, I love hearing and seeing the bikes in large numbers swarm over the city once a year.  I have always been leery of going due to the stories people have told me.  I heard there have been casualties in the past, and well, it can get just plain crazy.  My experience turned out to be pretty calm considering what I heard and anticipated.  We started the experience at 6th and Congress where a stage was set up on the street and a concert was getting ready to begin.  Although we didn't stay and watch, further east 6th St. we saw some pretty cool bikes lined up and down both sides of Sixth St.  Biker dudes and dudettes filled the streets with their leather vests, do-rags, and colorful tattoos.  Next year biker attire is a must!  I think we may have seen a couple of topless women.  (I say think because that is what I overheard amongst my friends on a couple of occasions and spared myself by not looking.)  We had a photo opportunity with some dudes dressed up as KISS(see pic below).  Overall, it was typical busy 6th street scene with the addition of bikes and bikers.  We didn't see the bike parade or advertised concerts(Brett Micheals--grrr why didn't I know about this??).  So next time I will try to plan ahead.  Enjoy some of the pictures below!   








Take Away:: bikes are cool, I love austin
# Completed 30 things Austin:: 1
# to go:: 29
Months until 30th:: 10 1/2 months

Adventure Awaits!!

"I came. I saw. I konked out"-quote off a tshirt

No comments:

Post a Comment